Down’s Syndrome Scotland (Charity No. SC011012) works to improve the quality of life for everyone with Down’s syndrome. Its members include people with Down’s syndrome, families and professionals. It provides information, support and advice:
- Offer telephone advice for anyone wanting information on any aspect of Down’s syndrome
- Produce leaflets and other information about Down’s syndrome, from birth to old age
- Have local branches which support people with Down’s syndrome and their families
- Give people the chance to share experiences
- Work with teachers, doctors and other professionals
- Tell others about the rights and interests of people with Down’s syndrome through events, workshops and training
Down’s Syndrome Scotland is a partner in the Scottish Consortium for Learning Disability.